Monday, November 19, 2012

We made it.

So, I still have not produced anything substantial but sometimes small observational pieces are the most poignant.
I cannot believe that we made it through this season. All of the work, the frustration, the poisoning of my happy life by shitty circumstance is over and I cannot let it go. It is still there. The days I spent here at home chain smoking and feeling like I had mild PTSD are still hanging around my neck like vestigial bits of a skin long since shed. We made it.

At the end of the day the whole season boiled down to her, the only worthwhile thing I got from this devil boat. That is worth it. That is enough, and they can never take that from me.

Brave new beginnings are around the corner and I cannot wait to see where I am a month from now.

No comments:

Post a Comment